Model, Azhar Suleman (@azhar.s_) open’s up about his life, travels and the fashion industry here on Style Me Strauss (@stylemestrauss) in an all exclusive Q&A series with Contributing Editor, Bryanah Marais (@bryanahmarais).
1. Your career must be quite fast paced, do you have a morning routine and if so what does it include?
“I’m not so much of a routine guy so it depends where I am and if I’m working on that day or not but It doesn’t matter what time I wake up, I am hungry as soon as my eyes open so I start with some breakfast.”
2. It seems that you spend a lot of time travelling, what do you miss most about home when you’re away?
“I miss my family, the craziness and colorful side of South Africa and definitely the food.”
3. Which food or meal can you not live without?
“I couldn’t live without peanut butter, pizza, pasta, chocolate, bananas, burgers, I can go on with that list so let’s just say, I love food!”
4. In your spare time what do you do to relax?
“Shooting days are always so crazy, so on my off days I like to chill at home, do some work in the garden, cook some good food and catch up with some series.”
5. What is the funniest thing that’s ever happened to you in the industry/do you have any funny memories on the job?
“There is no specific moment that I can recall but almost every job is with a new team and this makes every job entertaining and fun, that’s what I love most about modeling.”
6. Which destination has been your favourite to work in?
“Well this year I have a few new destinations on my list which includes the USA and this has been my all time dream to shoot up there.”
7. In your travels, what would you say is the best city you’ve ever visited?
“Most beautiful city would be Venice and the most interesting city I’ve ever been to is Berlin!! I’ve spent a lot of time up there during the last year.”
8. What has been the best fashion show you’ve walked for?
“That would be for Hugo Boss in 2016.”
9. Is there an item of clothing that sums up your personal style best?
“This is going to sound very modelish but that would be my black leather jacket.”
10. Were there any obstacles you had to face within the industry?
“There are many obstacles that I had to face. Being a person with my type of ethnicity makes job opportunities much more limited and specific. Working visas are also required for every country that I work in and this is a never ending mission to get. It’s not all smooth sailing .”
11. What has been the biggest lesson you’ve learnt thus far?
“No matter what you do, which path you decide to take in life, there are always going to be obstacles to face and it is just up to us on how bad we want it.”
Follow Azhar at @azhar.s_
Issued by Bryanah Marais, Contributing Editor. Refer queries or questions to the communications department, firstname.lastname@example.org All content is subject to copyright 2017 © Style Me Strauss. All Rights Reserved.